Skip to main content

A Detox That WORKS!



Alllrrriiiggghhtttyyy! For my first blog (like ever), I decided to write about my experience doing the 7 day Jillian Michael's detox. 

WHY WOULD I DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!
I originally decided to do a detox because I was worried about my liver being damaged from OTC allergy med abuse and possibly damage from my love for my vodka... I had been googling (never a good idea) somethings and determined my liver was not functioning properly so I was going to do something about it!
HOW I CHOOSE A DETOX
I browsed Pinterest (my second love) for some detox ideas when I came across the JM detox. This detox popped up multiple times so I finally checked it out. Not only did it say it was good for the body, but you could lose up to 5 pounds in a week from doing this. It sounded perfect! Since I'm currently trying to lose 5lbs before my wedding in a couple months. So to me, losing weight while detoxing = YAS!!
THE PROCESS
The detox consisted of 100% pure cranberry juice, lemon juice and Dandelion root tea. All of which I was able to find at the local Walmart. I added some apple cider vinegar to the mix because-- why not. The directions were simple. Brew a tea bag in 60 OZ of water. Add 1 TBSP of juice, 2 TBSP of lemon juice, then I added 1 TBSP of ACV.
Then you are to drink that whole concoction throughout the day for seven days.
The taste was obviously not the best. Unless you are a plain tea drinker already, then it might be fine for you. Thank God that after the first couple days the taste became the new normal.
7 DAYS LATER
I finished my last cup of that crap an hour ago and I'm pretty pumped that I actually did it AND I haven't had any vodka during this process. (Now to celebrate with a drink ;) )
To make it easier, I used a pitcher and wrote with a sharpie checkpoint lines that I HAD to have drank by. So my first checkpoint was 1/4 of the pitcher down and labeled 9AM, 1/2 the pitcher by 12PM, 3/4 by 5PM and finished by 7PM.
I always managed to drink ALL of it before 3:00 PM though-- which was nice. I could then drink my delicious crystal light the rest of the day.
PROS & CONS
Not only did I pee A LOT, but my bowel movements became more frequent (a couple times a day) which is more than I ever had before. This used to be a big issue for me prior (digestive crap). So that is a pro and a con? A definite con about this detox was that it made me bloated and really gassy most of the time (bad gas). Which I believe is from all the detox elements "doing their job".
A pro would be the cleansing of the liver and body as well as losing any weight. I only lost 2 pounds, but I'm happy with that!
CONCLUSION
It is definitely worth the time to do this detox. Everyone's body needs a break from some of the stupid crap we put into our bodies and given the nutrients to heal any damage that has been done (I should know).
I will most likely be doing this detox once every couple of months. Maybe even once a month. It feels good to know I did something good for my body. Besides just working out and going to the gym like I usually do.
If I can do this detox, anyone can! Just be prepared to chug, chug, CHUG this while drinking it. It is definitely not a sipper. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Chicken Coop For Under $70

Yes- you read that correctly. A do it yourself chicken coop for UNDER $70.  The first thing we did was hit up our second home... Home Depot ( I have been to Home Depot more in the last 6 months than a normal person should in their lifetime ). Anyways... we went to Home Depot and bought ten 2 in.x 2 in.x 8ft. ( $2.09 a board ) We knew we wanted the coop to be 4ft x 4ft x 8ft. We used our saw to cut some of the boards in half. Then started to build the frame. We did two 4ft x 8ft frames first. Then we brought them outside and started to build the rest of the frame.  We ended up adding another board in the middle on both sides and the top for more support and to have something to connect the chicken wire to. I was only able to find a 2ft by 50ft rolls of chicken wire. The 4ft would have been ideal but I ended up just buying two of the 2ft. I used wire cutters ( at least I think that is what they are ). The rolls were $16.00 a piece from Walmart. Home Depot ha

Is Owning Chickens All It's Made Out To Be?

YAAASSS! I finally bought my own little chicks!! I have always wanted to have my own chickens, but living situations never made it feasible... UNTIL NOW!!  I went to D&B and saw their chicks... after I picked some up and stared at them for 5 minutes, I knew I was not walking out of that store without 2-3.  My fiance had left me home alone ( never a good idea ) and of course, when I'm alone, I do impulsive things :D SOOO I knew that this was the perfect opportunity to fulfill my chicken dreams.  I have wanted chickens for years. Mainly for the eggs since I eat 3 egg whites every morning for breakfast. I'm constantly buying eggs. At least with my own chickens I get fresh eggs EVERY DAY!  I bought the chicks, bought some medicated chick food, a water-thing, feeder, heat lamp and BOOM. I was ready to raise my own chickens. I used a small plastic container, laid some newspaper down and some saw dust for the flooring. Set up my heat lamp that I mcgyvered with cheap parts